The Best Homemade Chicken Noodle Soup
Corey: Corey Valley
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 carrots, ½ in. thick slices
- 2 celery ribs, sliced lengthwise and cut in ½ in. slices
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 fresh thyme sprigs
- 1 bay leaf
- 8-10 cups of chicken stock
- 8 oz. dried egg noodles
- about 2 cups shredded cooked chicken
- Salt and fresh black pepper, optional chopped parsley
- Heat olive oil in a large stock pot. Add onion, carrot, celery, garlic, thyme and bay leaves. Let the vegetables soften 8-10 minutes on medium/high heat.
- Add a good pinch of salt and black pepper. Stir occasionally.
- After vegetables have softened a bit, remove bay leaf and thyme.
- Add 8 cups chicken stock and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and add noodles. Cook noodles for about 5-6 minutes until softened. Add in chicken, stir; cook an addition 2-3 minutes.
- Add salt and pepper to taste. Add a pinch of fresh parsley before serving. ENJOY!