Freezer Burrito Casserole
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1- 15 ounce can chili beans ( I use Bush’s Chili Beans because they are gluten free)
- 1 1/2 cups salsa
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 12 corn tortillas ( If you are gluten free be sure they are 100% corn)
- In a skillet brown ground beef until done and no longer pink. Drain off any fat. Let meat mixture cool completely.
- Stir in chili beans.
- Line a 9×13 freezer safe pan with 6 tortillas. Cutting if needed to fit pan.
- Layer meat mixture onto tortillas.
- Sprinkle with half of the cheese.
- Place remaining 6 tortillas on top of cheese. Cutting if needed to fit pan.
- Spread salsa on top of tortillas.
- Sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- Cover with foil or freezer safe lid and freeze.
- Defrost and bake at 350 degrees for 25-30 minutes or until heated through.
- You can bake this from frozen, but it will take about 60 minutes to heat completely through. Do not put a cold/frozen glass dish in a hot oven.
This entry was posted in main dish
and tagged Angela
. Bookmark the permalink